Greenpeace Southeast Asia (GPSEA) offers a variety of challenging opportunities for professional growth. Collaborating with talented and passionate professionals, the Communications Campaigner co-leads the development and implementation of integrated Communications Strategies, and ensures innovative and creative public outreach and online engagement across various platforms for Greenpeace’s campaigns and organizational priorities.
Greenpeace Southeast Asia is looking for a Communications Campaigner who is responsible for developing communication strategies and planning, producing, and implementing multimedia campaigns that recruit and engage people in our work.
The role includes developing Communications Strategies and Plans; managing agreed messaging for key audiences; writing, editing and disseminating effective communication materials consistent with internal brand guidelines; networking with Greenpeace supporters, online communities and staff; researching and implementing digital services for campaigning; and managing projects for multimedia content and engagement tools.
- Develops, delivers, monitors, and evaluates Integrated Communications Strategies
- Contributes to the development of project plans, including audience research, strategic planning, idea generation and development, prototyping and testing of ideas, messaging, communication materials production and providing communications counsel/direction to Program staff and Project teams
- Coordinates with relevant units and individuals for lay-out, printing, photo/video production, and publication of various campaign materials, database of media contacts, budgets and expenditures
- In close coordination with Project and/or Program Teams, conceptualizes, writes, edits and distributes effective communication materials and, where required, this includes managing the production of digital content such as video, animation, images for social media, and interactive content
- Builds, contributes to, and monitors Greenpeace presence on social media, including regular updates and regular communications with social media followers and interest groups, as well as shifts in supporter and audience opinion
- Contributes to the coordination and organization of Greenpeace’s traditional media-focused activities
- In coordination with the rest of the Communications unit members, helps develop and maintain strong relationships with various media practitioners and influencers
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- Field of Study: Communications, Journalism, Social Media Management, Digital Marketing, or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated a minimum of 3 years experience in related industry, with clear success
- Experience in managing projects/working in a team
Specific Work Environment:
- This position requires the employee to have a flexible approach and ability to adapt and work in different and challenging work and cultural environments, which may include flexible working arrangements.
- Willingness to travel
- The applicant must agree to review and comply with GPSEA’s Code of Conduct, as well as other relevant staff policies.
Place of Work:
- This is a full-time permanent position based in Manila, Philippines. Nationals and those who can legally work in the country may apply.
Interested candidates are invited to (1) download and fill-up the attached Application Form; and (2) write a Letter of Motivation explaining why you are applying, and your qualifications for the position. Send the two documents to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Deadline for applications: February 16, 2020
NOTE: Prior to application please download and completely read the Recruitment Pack below to know more about Greenpeace, the detailed key duties, competencies and skills needed, things to know before applying, and guidance in completing the Application Form.