Greenpeace Southeast Asia-Malaysia is looking for a Public Engagement Campaigner. In this role, in collaboration with other team members, you will recruit, engage, organize and retain Greenpeace Southeast Asia (GPSEA) supporters to support projects and develop the movement we support for our environmental impact. These supporters may include: individuals, community coalitions/strategic alliances, specific constituents aligned to our project needs. You will be responsible for matching the skills and interest of these supporters to specific projects or campaign areas across the organization by identifying opportunities to maximize synergies across a diverse support network (e.g. youth, volunteers, local and grassroots communities).
This is a fixed-term position based in the Greenpeace Malaysia office in Kuala Lumpur. Note that all Programme Department staff are deployable to any Greenpeace project across the region.
1. Develop, deliver, and review Public Engagement strategies in and across Projects
● Develop strategies, tactics, and methodologies of public engagement within campaigns and project work.
● Contribute to GPSEA project and organisational planning through development and implementation of public engagement, inclusive of target audience identification.
● Source, edit and/or develop materials from Greenpeace resources and produce Public Engagement supporter materials encouraging participation in GPSEA campaign and project work, with a bias to increase involvement level of supporters and developing strategic support base.
● Implement local events and community activities to enhance project objectives.
2. Build, develop, and retain a local Greenpeace movement
● Identify knowledge and skills gaps within GPSEA active Public Engagement base, recruit, mentor, train, and develop supporters in the discipline of organizing and how it can be applied to their specific projects.
● Ensure there are appropriate mechanisms available to recruit, retain, and network a growing Greenpeace movement, where required, utilizing a multiplier program. This may include leadership and campaigning skills development.
● Develop, network and strengthen GPSEA’s relationship with target organizations, including but not limited to communities, schools, and other youth stakeholders to contribute to GPSEA’s project external campaign impacts and internal strengthening of GPSEA and the movement we support and build.
● Ensure GPSEA is in compliance with relevant policies and law in public engagement work, in conjunction with stakeholders.
3. Ensure Integration of Public Engagement in and across projects, this may include:
● ISSUES AND PROJECTS: Integrate Public Engagement supporter growth and skill development into volunteer mobilization and targeted engagement strategies for GPSEA campaigns.
● ACTIONS: Develop Engagement Journeys and opportunities within and across projects to maximize potential for deeper engagement with actions unit and activist pathway.
● DATA: integrate standardized data capture for Public Engagement supporters and their activity in order to better match skills & interests with campaign project opportunities.
● FUNDRAISING: integrate fundraising opportunities within community organizing or community mobilization and other offline engagement strategies.
● ONLINE & MOBILE: integrate, where appropriate, organizing strategies with online organizing strategies for the purposes of external impact and internal strength building for GPSEA.
4. Any other duties as required and agreed by line manager.
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
|Level of Education:||Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience|
|Fields of Study:||Social Sciences/ Community Development/ Communications OR equivalent industry experience.|
|Training or Certificate:||N/A|
Competencies and Skills
Specific Work Environment
This position requires the employee to have a flexible approach and the ability to adapt and work in different and challenging work and cultural environments, which may include flexible arrangements working in challenging field and frontline work environments.
Commitment to non-violent direct action as a means of affecting change.
Willingness to work beyond normal working hours.
Willingness to travel.
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace, fill-up the attached Application and download from http://www.greenpeace.org/seasia/ph/getinvolved/jobs/Public-Engagement-Campaigner/ and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: April 30th, 2019
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- Read the recruitment pack carefully before completing your application form. The recruitment pack contains information about Greenpeace, about the job you are applying for, and brief information on employment conditions.
- Complete all items in the application form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted.
- Make sure you email the form to the correct email address (email@example.com) and/ord (firstname.lastname@example.org), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- If you have questions, kindly email email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org