- Position Information
- Job Title: Accounting & Admin Officer
- Organization: Greenpeace MENA (GP MENA)
- Department: Finance
- Reports to: Organizational Director
- Purpose of the Job
This position focuses mainly on timely and accurate accounting entries while also collaborating to ensure the financial operation is carried out effectively and efficiently, it also focuses on acting as the point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries.
The accounting and Admin Officer will process all purchase invoices, expense claims and payments, in accordance with Greenpeace (GP) procedures and policies, in order to help ensure cost control and efficient operation and to assist the Organizational Director (OD) in ensuring adequate financial control of GP MENA Accounts Balance Sheet.
- Main Responsibilities
- Financial Accounting:
- Accounts Payable: receive, execute, check and record payments of purchase salaries and expense claims, in line with GP MENA (expenditure) policies and procedures and after approval, in order to ensure correct and timely pay-outs, compliant with procedures and authorities.
- Accounts Receivable: prepare and record on a monthly basis, in order to achieve correct and timely registration and allocation of incoming payments.
- Banking Process: payments and data of new suppliers into the banking system, execute administration of foreign and local currency of bank accounts and produce regular bank account summaries, in order to ensure accurate processing of financial transactions in the banking system.
- Reconciliation: perform reconciliation of balance sheets accounts, loan accounts between GP MENA and Greenpeace International and inter-office balances, such that these can be provided to the OD for control of the balance sheet.
- Management Information: create financial dashboards, check quality and upload monthly national and international campaign expenditures reports and support in preparing financial reports, in order to contribute to availability of relevant financial information that enables parties to make or prepare decisions.
- Advise, support and collaborate with budget holders by providing updated templates for submission of national and international campaign expenditures reports and assist in the construction of these reports.
- Provide all the data requested for the budget preparation and make sure all expenditures do not exceed the budget.
- Maintain and update the Fixed Asset records of GP MENA.
- Check and process the petty cash records of GP MENA process records and recharges and execute various other financial accounting and administrative tasks, in order to ensure accurate administration of financial transactions.
- Compile the financial information required in the Monthly/ quarterly Reports, incorporating detailed analysis of variations and commentary
- Support and provide necessary data, documents for the year-end audit
- Ensure full compliance with all statutory regulations of audit, and tax requirements.
- Organize proper and timely filing of all relevant invoices, accounting documentation.
- Administrative Responsibilities:
- Monitors and maintains office equipment and inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed.
- Preparing reports on expenses, office budgets, and other expenditures
- Oversees and prepares expense reports and budgets for staff travelling.
- Coordinates building and maintenance issues for general repair (heating and air conditioning, security, etc.) and cleaning together with the logistical team of the rented locations.
- Organizes logistics of special functions and social events.
- Bookkeeping qualification.
- Advanced computer skills (including MS Excel and Accounts packages)
- Proficient user of accounting packages
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize
- Work under pressure, in physically or mentally challenging situations
- Clear communication skills
- Attention to details
- Collaborative approach
- Knowledge sharing
- Trustworthy and treasures discretion Confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, coordinate, and plan with relevant team members
- Recruitment Qualifications
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years bookkeeping experience in non-profit organizations.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic languages.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Job Title in the Subject Line “Accounting & Admin Officer” no longer than February 15, 2019.
Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to individual queries. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a time period of 4 weeks.