Are you a digital strategist familiar with various engagement systems and tools? Are you willing to put your skills to engage supporters and activists across the Middle-East and North-Africa region?
Join the newly established office for Greenpeace in the Middle-East and North-Africa as a “Digital Strategist” to develop and roll out our strategy to engage and empower supporters across the Arab speaking countries.
We are looking for a Digital Strategist who ensures the effective development and delivery of our on-going Engagement Systems strategy that will enable GPMENA to engage and empower supporters, deliver an integrated supporter journey, drive innovation in mobilization and provides high-quality management information. The person for the job should be able to monitor progress towards the delivery of the engagement strategy’s vision and identify new learning and opportunities. He/she should provide market analytics to inform the on-going development of engagement and capacity building strategies.
I- Position Information
Job Title: Digital Strategist
Organisation: Greenpeace MENA
Department: Engagement – Programme
Reports to: PROGRAMME HEAD
Duty Station: MENA Region
II. Purpose of the job
Within the Programme Team of GP MENA, the Engagement Department ensures that Greenpeace has the tools, expertise, and capacity to deliver our Engagement Strategy and are well positioned to drive forward our vision for people-powered campaigning to:
- Inspire, mobilize and engage millions of people to campaign alongside us.
- Reach and empower a wider segment of society to be directly involved in our work.
- Deepen supporters’ engagement with, and contributions to, our campaigns and vision.
The Digital Strategist ensures that GP MENA effectively develops and delivers an on-going Engagement Systems strategy that enables MENA to engage and empower supporters effectively, deliver an integrated supporter journey, drive innovation in mobilization and provides high-quality management information. He/She will monitor progress towards delivering the engagement strategy’s vision to identify new learning and opportunities. He/she provides market analytics to inform the on-going development of engagement and capacity building strategies.
III. Main responsibilities
- Engagement Strategy
- Contribute to the development, review, and refinement of the MENA engagement strategies by providing timely input and feedback to the manager based on insights from analysis of online engagement data.
- Engagement Systems Strategy
- Lead the development, review & refinement of an engagement systems strategy that meets MENA current and future needs for platforms that support ambitious supporter engagement (fundraising, mobilisation, collaboration) programmes.
- Ensure that an integrated, long-term engagement systems strategy is developed in close collaboration with global GP offices.
- Ensure that key stakeholders within GP MENA and GP globally are consulted to align strategic and tactical plans with system architecture and functionality.
- Monitor MENA engagement performance against strategic targets and milestones, proactively identifying opportunities and risks.
- Define and agree on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and monitor progress against plan, identifying and investigating variances or key trends.
- Ensure that findings are translated into actionable insights that add value to future plans.
- Establish an Optimization and testing strategy and practices to enhance our supporters` experience and ROI (Return on Investment).
- Engagement Systems Management
- Negotiate and agree on global priorities within resource constraints.
- Recommend priorities for the use of Digital Product Programme funds.
- Leverage current engagement systems projects (e.g. Engaging Networks, Global Analytics Stack etc.) and work with the technical lead to achieve an integrated approach to our supporter data.
- Leadership & Management
- Lead, manage and develop the Engagement Systems team to ensure their effective performance through objective setting, performance reviews, coaching, training, and development to enable the achievement of the objectives of the department.
- Manage an analysis team of interns, prioritising his / her work as needed and ensuring historical data integrity. Supervise and collaborate with the intern to produce specific reporting and analysis as needed.
- Recruit, induct and support the on-going development of a team of engagement systems professionals.
- Develop & manage the Engagement Systems budget according to agreed objectives and priorities, in order to ensure cost-effectiveness and strategic expenditure of allocated funds.
- Identify investment requirements, develop business case(s) and negotiate the allocation of resources.
- Manage the Digital Products Programme Budget that includes Digital Advertising: promotional advertisements and messages delivering through email, social media platforms, online advertising on search engines, banner ads on mobile or websites and affiliates programs. Also, manage the Insight budget according to agreed objectives and priorities to ensure cost-effectiveness and strategic expenditure of allocated funds.
- Peer Reviews
- Manage peer benchmarking and review processes and ensure that learning is incorporated in future strategy development.
- Guide MENA programme team on dynamics in the sector and our required response.
- Provide annual summaries of Greenpeace MENA engagement performance versus peers. Identify areas of relative strength and weakness and suggest action.
- Build strong relationships with peer organisations to spot opportunities for further collaboration for mutual benefit.
- Conduct ad hoc and in‐depth analysis as needed to support best practice developments or investigate key risks.
- Support the Programme Department in conducting detailed analysis to inform their strategy development or to review progress.
IV. Technical Competencies
- A track record of delivering actionable insights for engagement programmes.
- Deep understanding of a range of engagement programmes and relevant key performance criteria.
- Exceptional analytical skills and an understanding of organisational development and business planning including reporting skills
- Strong Negotiation, facilitation, communication and presentation skills – the ability to effectively communicate complex information in a simple and impactful manner.
- Strong influencing skills – the ability to lead diverse teams to achieve agreed goals and to drive change without direct authority.
V. Recruitment Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in guiding strategy development
- Experience in working effectively to very tight deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Experience working with measurement and analytics platforms.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural staff and teams and across borders.
- Experience in implementing and bringing about significant positive changes in work culture, practices and performance.
- Experience in working on Fundraising campaigns or e-commerce is a plus.
Fluent written and spoken English. Arabic or French knowledge would be an added value.
● Act with integrity
● Act with humility
● Demonstrate stamina and resilience
● Demonstrate commitment and conviction
● Act with Empathy
● Embrace Diversity
● Manage complex issues, can see the big picture and emphasise the primacy of the whole
● Identify and master moments of leadership
● Display Structured approach
● Ability to see things as they might be
● Display experience
● Role Model for accountability
● Assertive and persistent, demonstrate the ability to lead an operation from inception to completion
How to apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the Job Title in the Subject Line “Digital Strategist” no longer than July 29.Due to the large volume of applicants, we are unable to respond to individual queries. All shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a time period of 4 weeks.