At the International Media Center
June 7, 2018 (QUÉBEC City) – Environmental Defence Canada, Équiterre, Climate Action Network Canada and Greenpeace Canada will be available for interviews at the G7 International Media Centre in Quebec City during the G7 Summit on June 8 and 9.
These environmental organizations are advocating for ongoing commitments from the G7 countries regarding the implementation of the Paris Agreement, climate financing for countries most impacted by climate change and the phase-out of fossil fuels subsidies, among other commitments. The organizations will also be available to comment on G7 commitments to address plastic pollution in the oceans.
Representatives from four national environmental organisations will be available in Quebec City to comment on the progress at the G7 Summit. The following media backgrounder provides more details on the organizations’ expectations with regards to Canada’s G7 presidency.
- Catherine Abreu, Executive Director, Climate Action Network Canada
- Steven Guilbeault, Senior Director, Équiterre
- Farrah Khan, Campaigner, Arctic and Plastics, Greenpeace Canada (English)
- Loujain Kurdi, Communications Advisor, Greenpeace Canada (French)
- Patrick DeRochie, Program Manager, Climate and Energy, Environmental Defence Canada
- Ashley Wallis, Program Manager, Water and Plastics, Environmental Defence Canada
DATES and TIME:
- The G7 will be taking place in La Malbaie on June 8 and 9.
- Spokespeople from environmental organisations will be available at the Centre des Congrès (Media Centre) in Quebec City during the entire G7 Summit.
Centre des congrès de Québec, 1000 boul. René Lévesque Est, Québec.
For more information and media requests:
Media Relations, Équiterre
Executive Director, Climate Action Network Canada
Communications Manager, Environmental Defence Canada
Communications Officer, Greenpeace Canada