Greenpeace Belgium is looking for an intern to join the First Engagement Team to focus on growing our presence on the search engines through search engine optimization (SEO).
We are looking for someone with knowledge and understanding in SEO techniques, digital marketing, and copywriting. He/She will work within our analytics, SEO tools and content management system to publish and optimize web pages to increase our website traffic.
This is an excellent learning opportunity to engage in hands-on experience focused on SEO at large scale, with high impact.
- Want to change the world, fix our climate and you care about our ecological challenges
- Are passionate about communications, digital marketing or writing and you are always looking to learn more about these topics
- Are experienced in SEO techniques, digital marketing, and copy writing
- Have familiarity with some or all of the following tools: Rank tracking tools, Google Analytics, Google Ads, WordPress
- Are results oriented
- Have excellent communication & grammar skills
- Have great organizational and analytical skills
- Are creative, proactive & team player
- Your mother-tongue is French OR Dutch
- Are able to work at least 16 hours a week, 2-3 days per week
Your missions as a SEO Intern
- Support the Traffic manager on SEO implementation (optimizing existing content & building new content)
- Write SEO focused blogs
- Perform keyword research for blog posts to be written
- Develop blog content briefs for external and internal writers
- Outline the best calls to action, length and format for each post
- Update blogs from older posts to new content
- Build and update paid search landing pages to increase conversion rates
- Build reports
- Monitor results
- Work with our Communication and Engagement teams to increase organic traffic and test new ideas
- Start date: September (upon availability)
- Period: internship for a minimum period of 2 months
- Work schedule: at least 16 hours a week
Greenpeace is a global, independent campaigning organization that uses peaceful protest and creative communication to expose global environmental problems and promote solutions that are essential to a green and peaceful future. For over fifty years, Greenpeace has fought to save the planet from the threat of global warming, destruction of ancient forests, deterioration of our oceans, and the threat of a nuclear disaster loom large. As an independent organization, Greenpeace does not accept funds from any corporations or government entities. Greenpeace is headquartered in the Netherlands, with offices all around the world in over fifty countries.
We offer you a possibility to gain professional experience in an international NGO as well as a learning opportunity to engage in hands-on experience focused on SEO & digital marketing at large scale, with high impact.
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual.
If you are interested in this offer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your application letter and CV. Please mention as subject “SEO Internship”.